Kids & Teens Sewing Classes-Beginning February 12
Kids & teens can learn to sew in this fun, interactive after-school 6-week course. Beginning Wednesday February 12 from 4-6pm, youth will learn and practice skills that will last a lifetime!
Join instructor Renee Bonjes who brings over 30 years of professional dressmaking, fitting, alterations, and pattern design experience to her students. Renee is formally trained and certified in both dress and pattern making.
Students will learn:
- Safely and independently thread and operate a sewing machine
- Learn to sew standard seam allowances accurately
- Use simple patterns
- Practice correct fabric layout
- Pin, cut and mark pattern pieces for constructing a sewing project
- Learn the most common sewing techniques to assemble easy projects
- Develop an appreciation for the work process involved with a creative project
- Build skill while learning to use their tools and materials safely
Classes Begin: Wednesdays February 12, 2020
Class Times: 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Fee: $120 for 6 sessions (Payment in full required prior to first session)
Sewing machines and irons provided on site
*Supplies not included and must be purchased separately. There’s no need to bring anything to your first class. You will receive a list of supplies to bring to your second class. You can bring them from home or purchase them from a local fabric store.
10 in stock